PHẦN 01: CÁC SYNONYMS TRONG CAMBRIDGE
Cambridge 4 TEST 1
2. ignore=pay no attention=not pay any attention=take no notice=not take any notice
5. surprised=amazed=astonished=astounded=be taken aback=startled adj.
7. investigate=make inquiries=enquiries=go into=probe=look into
8. where=geographical location
9. easy to reach=accessible
12. newspapers, television=media
13. where to live=habitat
14. get warmer=global warming
15. contribute to=play a part
16. survive=continuing existence
17. mistaken view=misconception
18. link to=be connected with=be linked with
20. poor=bad=badly=not very good=no good at something=weak
24. good vision ability=vision is obviously more useful..
29. blind=can not see
Cambridge 4 TEST 2
1. reluctant=unwilling=not willing=drag your feet=be loath to do something=conservative
3. teach=educate=train=coach=instruct=bring up
4. therapist=someone who has been trained to give a particular form of treatment for
physical or mental illness
6. beneficial=be good for you/ do somebody
7. defensive=used or intended to protect someone or something against attack
9. fail=failure=not succeed = unsuccessful = vain = fruitless = unproductive =be a
failure=go wrong=not work=do no good=fall through
10. assist=help=aid=with the aid of
12. inevitable=certain to happen and impossible to avoid
13. differ from=unusual
14. initiative=on your own/by yourself=independently=on your own initiative=under your
own steam=to be the person who starts something=plan=law
15. consult=ask somebody’s advice=seek advice=get/obtain advice
17. more than one language=bilingual=sb’s second language
18. retrain=taking courses
21. complaint=complain=make a complaint=protest=object=complain
24. young people=teenager=youth=in your teens=adolescent=minor
25. insight=comprehension=understandingphysical=relating to the body=bodily
27. accompany=with=together=along with=come
28. mental=relating to the health or state of someone’s mind
29. possible=possibility=can=potential=there is a chance/possibility
32. increase=go up=rise=grow=climb=gain=escalate=pick up=widen=be on the
33. peer=your peers are the people who are the same age as you, or who have the same
type of job, social class
34. community=all the people in a particular area, city, country
36. endanger=to put someone or something in danger of being hurt=damaged=destroyed
37. specific=give (somebody) more details=expand on=enlarge on=go into more=greater
detail=be more specific=be more explicit=elaborate
38. substance=a particular type of solid, liquid, or gas
40. engage=give somebody a job=employ=take on= appoint = recruit = sign up
42. survival=the state of continuing to live or exist
Cambridge 4 TEST 3
1. unpredictable=can’t say/tell=unforeseeable=it remains to be seen
2. objective=impartial=neutral=not take sides=unbiased=disinterested
3. explain=tell=say what/why/where etc=show=demonstrate=go through=throw/shed
light on=set out
4. outline= to describe something in a general way, giving the main points but not the
5. self-conscious=worried and embarrassed about what you look like or what other people
think of you
6. encourage=persuade=persuasion=get somebody to do
something=influence=encourage=talk somebody into=put somebody up to
7. loan= an amount of money that you borrow from a bank etc.
8. comment=remark=thing to say=point=statement=
9. crime= illegal activities in general
10. reject=to refuse to accept, believe in, or agree with something
11. employ=give somebody a job=take on=engage= appoint=recruit=sign up
12. courier=a person or company that is paid to take packages somewhere
13. storage=keep=store=keep something in storage=preserve
14. facility=rooms, equipment, or services that are provided for a particular purpose
15. ambitious=ambition=power-hungry/power-mad=competitive= determined to be
successful, rich, powerful etc.
16. effort=to try very hard to do something= attempt=campaign=drive
17. feature= a part of something that you notice because it seems important, interesting, or
typical;a part of the land, especially a part that you can see: a part of someone’s face,
such as their eyes, nose etc
18. planet= the world=earth/Earth=the globe .
19. quotation= a sentence or phrase from a book, speech etc
20. machinery=machines, especially large ones
21. ultimate=someone’s ultimate aim is their main and most important aim
22. atmosphere= the feeling that an event or place gives you= the mixture of gases that
surrounds the Earth;
23. occur=happen=take place=there is=come about=come up=turn up=arise=strike
24. expand= get bigger=grow=swell up=stretch,
25. form= type= way something is/appears=shape
26. emerge=appear=become visible=come into view/come into sight=comeout=reappear
27. emit= to send out gas, heat, light, sound etc .
28. situation= circumstances=position=case=plight
29. purpose=aim=point=idea=objective=object=goal= target=end
30. generate= to make someone have a particular feeling=form=produce=create
31. various=there are several different types of that thing=different
32. convenient= a thing or way of doing something that is easy and quick; a time or
arrangement that is convenient
33. exemplify= example=case=instance=to be a very typical example of something=to give
an example of something
34. enquiry=investigate=make inquiries/enquiries=go into=probe=look into=solve=be
35. observe=notice=can see/can tell=see=spot=detect=note become aware/conscious=catch
36. poverty= being poor
37. include=consist of=comprise=be composed of= be made up of,
38. focus on=deals only with=concentrate
39. affect=have an effect=have an impact=take effect= make a difference=impact
40. gained from=come from=be based on=originate= go back to=have its origins in=have
its roots in=derive from/be derived from=develop from/evolve from ….
41. concern=worry=stress=anxiety=strain= a feeling of worry about something important
Cambridge 4 TEST 4
1. official=formal=authorized=on (the) record
2. athletic=physically strong and good at sport=fit=be in shape=be in good condition
3. intensive=involving a lot of activity, effort, or careful attention in a short period of
4. burst=a short sudden effort or increase in activity=burst of anger/enthusiasm/temper etc
5. recognize=know=identify=pick out=tell
6. inadequate=not enough=too little=few=scarce=insufficient=be in short supply=lack of
7. develop=come from=be based on=originate=go back to=have its origins in=have its
roots in=derive from=be derived from=be founded on=grow outof=develop
8. enable=make something possible=allow=permit=pave the way for=clear the way for
9. predict=anticipate=forecast=foretell=prediction=projected=guess in advance
10. specialist=someone who knows a lot about a particular subject, or is very skilled at
11. theoretical=relating to the study of ideas, especially scientific ideas, rather than with
practical uses of the ideas or practical experience
12. basic= fundamental=essential=central=underlying= simple=crude
13. nature=plants/animals etc=somebody’s character=qualities of something=type
15. translate=change languages=interpret=put something into English/French/Japanese etc
16. ancient=belonging to a time long ago in history, especially thousands of years ago
17. realistic=when pictures, films etc make things seem real=lifelike=realism=true to
19. document=a piece of paper that has official information on it;a piece of written work
that is stored on a computer
20. equal=the same in number, amount, level etc as something else adj.
21. influence=effect=side effect=impact=what something does to=the implications
22. behavior=manner=conduct=behave=well-behaved=good=be on your best=stay out of
23. compare=to examine or judge two or more things in order to show how they are similar
to or different from each other=liken=make a comparison=draw an analogy=draw a
24. economically=in a way that is related to systems of money, trade, or business
25. establish=determine=identify=pinpoint=diagnose=to start a new business or
26. sustainable=able to continue without causing damage to the environment; able to
continue for a long time
27. realize=know=be/become aware=can tell=appreciate=be conscious=know perfectly
well=know/learn from experience
28. limit=restrict=set/impose/put a limit=keep to/keep within=confine=fix
30. guarantee=promise=assure=give somebody your word=swear=vow=commit to=pledge
31. liberty=freedom=a free hand
33. consistent=always behaving in the same way or having the same attitudes, standards
etc – usually used to show approval
34. underestimate=to think or guess that something is smaller, cheaper, easier etc than it
really is=to think that someone is not as good, clever, or skilful, as they really ar
35. provision=when you provide something that someone needs now or in the future
Cambridge 5 TEST 1
1. produce=develop=manufacture v.
2. central=middle adj.
3. did not have=without v.
4. bring=confer=award=present=grant=confer=allocate=offer v.
5. time limit=deadline n.
6. increase=go up/rise=grow=climb=gain=escalate=expand=pick
7. assistant=helper=coach n.
8. immense = big = major = considerable = great = huge/enormous = tremendous = large
9. illustrate=show=be a sign=demonstrate=mean=make clear = reflect = tell=be
10. quotation=a phrase or sentence that is well-known or often used n.
11. predecessor=someone who had your job before you started doing it, n.
12. rival=a person, group, or organization that you compete with in sport, business, a fight
13. distraction=something that stops you paying attention to what you are doing n.
14. fault=defect=problem=trouble=flaw=weakness =bug=virus=be something wrong with
15. cornerstone=basis=foundation=the key n.
16. confer=award=present=grant=allocate v.
17. stability=the condition of being steady and not changing n.
18. prevail=win=come out on top=prevail=carry the day, v.
19. contract=agreement=understanding=compromise n.
20. grant=award=present=confer=allocate v.
21. fascinate=if someone or something fascinates you, you are attracted to them and think
they are extremely interesting, v.
22. disturb=interrupt=bother=distract=put somebody off v.
23. expect=think=anticipate, v.
24. psychology=the study of the mind and how it influences people’s behavior n.
25. obey=comply with=abide by=keep to=stick to the rules=conform
to=observe=respect=toe the line=go by the book/do something by the book, v.
26. identity=someone’s identity is their name or who they are n.
27. severity=used of the degree of something undesirable n.
28. unfold=open=happen=develop=expand, v.
29. deliberately=intentionally=on purpose=purposely adv
30. moral=relating to the principles of what is right and wrong behavior, and with the
difference between good and evil, adj.
31. prior to=before=previous
32. repetition=doing or saying the same thing many times n.
33. genetic=relating to genes or genetics, adj.
34. sacrifice=when you decide not to have something valuable, in order to get something
that is more important v.
35. victim=someone who has been attacked, robbed, or murdered n.
36. forge=form=counterfeit v.
37. persuade=convince=win over=talk around v
38. surrender=give in, v.
39. extinct=an extinct type of animal or plant does not exist anymore=disappear=vanish,
40. abundant=plenty=ample, adj.
41. exaggerate=overstate v.
42. phenomenon=something that happens or exists in society, science, or nature, especially
something that is studied because it is difficult to understand n.
43. perception=idea=notion=view=belief=insight n.
44. impression=infection=effect=influence=affection n.
45. entitle=to give someone the official right to do or have something / v
46. distortion=a change for the worse=deformation v.
47. dispose=to arrange things or put them in their places=arrange=settle=manage=cope
with=deal with v.
48. intuition=the ability to understand or know something because of a feeling rather than
by considering the facts=instinct n.
49. emission=a gas or other substance that is sent into the air, n.
50. diminish=reduce=decrease=fall=lessen=cut, v.
51. postpone=put back=delay=adjourn, v.
52. crucial=important=critical=vital=necessary=essential adj.
53. pessimistic=expecting that bad things will happen in the future or that something will
have a bad result=getting worse adj.
Cambridge 5 TEST 2
1. similar=like=resemble adj.
2. derive=originate=come from=stem from v.
3. impetus = momentum =stimulus= incentive =motivation = encouragement, n.
4. generate=produce=bring into existence=make=manufacture v.
5. couple with=and=accompany=with v.
6. factor=reason=element=component=ingredient n.
7. unique=have the distinction=distinct=different=extraordinary=special adj.
8. advance=progress=development=growth=increase n.
9. field=domain=territory=industry=sector n.
10. alternative=substitute=replacement n.
11. like=such as=for example=for instance
12. resource=material=source, n.
13. limited=restricted=exhaustible=finite adj.
14. involve=rely on=contain=comprise, v.
15. current=modern=recent=present adj.
16. particular=extraordinary=special=detail=specific=unique, adj.
17. draw on=absorb=do with v.
18. settle on=make choice of=decide on v.
19. superiority=advantage=edge=high quality n.
20. accompany=when=keep company=be associated with, v.
21. view=belief=opinion=insight=perception n.
22. artificial intelligence=reasoning in machine n.
23. involve with=associate with=link to=relate to … v.
24. release=issue=launch=convey=public=deliver v.
25. difficult=demanding=hard=tough adj.
26. task=job=work=labour, n.
27. instantly=rapidly=immediately adv.
28. react=respond v.
29. relate to=depend on=link to=associate with=involve with… v.
30. subject views=outlook=personal/individual views=personal/individual opinions n.
31. distort=to change the appearance, sound, or shape of something so that it is strange or
unclear; to report something in a way that is not completely true or
32. figure out=settle=decide=tell=understand v.
33. assessment=appraisal=evaluation=estimate=judgment, v.
34. emerge=appear=come forth v.
35. remain=keep=stay=maintain v.
36. exploitation=development=utilization=usage, n.
37. foster=cultivate=raise=nurture, v.
38. overtake=catch up=sweep over, v.
39. initial=original=premier, adj.
40. whereas=however=while=nevertheless=but=yet, adv.
Cambridge 5 TEST 3
1. outcome=product=result=conclusion=consequence, n.
2. overcome=win=get over=exceed, v.
3. insufficient=deficient=shortage=lack=scarcity adj.
4. supply=provide=furnish=give v.
5. launch=release=project=send=shot=emit, v.
6. suppose=expect=imagine=guess=speculate=think, v.
7. detect=perceive=explore=sense, v.
8. handicap=difficult=obstacle=hindrance=bar=deterrent, n.
9. peer=the people who are at the same age as you, or who have the same type of job,
social class etc., n.
10. positive=optimistic=uplifting adj.
11. administer=manage=conduct=implement=perform, v.
12. funding=money=funds=financial resource, n.
13. interact=if people interact with each other, they talk to each other, work together etc. v.
14. irrigation=the supplement of land or crops with water n.
15. sedimentation=the natural process by which small pieces of rock, earth etc settle at the
bottom of the sea etc and form a solid layer n.
16. interrupt=break=violate=cut in, v.
17. process=procedure=method=approach n.
18. threat=danger=intimidation n.
19. valuable=precious=worthy, adj.
20. construct=build=make=found v.
21. blame=to say or think that someone or something is responsible for something bad v.
22. stimulate=encourage=activate=motivate, v.
23. long-term=long-run=long-period adj.
24. impact=affect=influence=effect v.&n.
25. occur=happen=exist=come v.
26. contain=include=cover=possess v.
27. military=battlefield=martial adj.
28. separate=disparate=distinct=different, adj.
29. vanish=extinct=disappear v.
30. consciousness=awareness n.
31. ignite=light=inflame v.
32. encompass=include=contain=cover, v.
33. reckon=think=suppose=believe=imagine=expect=feel v.
34. widespread=universal=extensive=popular=general, adj.
35. launch=coin=project=release=issue, v.
36. contemporary=modern-day, present-day adj.
37. potential=possible=underlying=likely=expected=latent, adj.
38. prospect=expectation=outlook=chance, n.
39. perception=idea=insight=viewpoint, n
Cambridge 5 TEST 4
1. community=organization=group=body n.
2. fragile=delicate adj.
3. remote=distant adj.
4. require=desire=order=command v.
5. inhabitant=resident=dweller, n.
6. consequently=thus=accordingly=hence=therefore=as a result, adv.
7. destination=goal=end point=terminus n.
8. throughout=around=wholly=everywhere=end-to-end adv.
9. operate=act=run v.
10. output=product n.
11. decline=reduction=fall=slump=decrease=recession n.
12. undermine=destroy=damage=hurt=ruin v.
13. revive=renaissance v.
14. unusual=rare=strange=uncommon, adj.
15. ordinary=standard=common=usual=general, adj.
16. fragment=shard=debris=pieces=ruins n.
17. break=shatter=crack, v.
18. interior=inner layer=inside n. &adj.
19. insist=claim=argue=believe=think, v.
20. expand=extend=grow=boom=spread out=enhance, v.
21. suppress=control=restrain=repress=put down = oppress = inhibit= ban= forbid = stifle
22. speed up=increase speed=quicken up=accelerate speed v.
23. examine=analyse=survey=inspect=study=detect=investigate, v.
24. dispute=debate=controversy=disagree=argue, n.&v.
25. detect=analyse=explore=research=survey=investigate=inspect, v.
26. claim=say=state=insist=argue=think=believe v.
27. cue=implication=reminder=hint=evidence, n.
28. unpredictable=fluctuate=changeable adj.
29. be referred to as=be known as=be regarded as
30. encourage=induce=trigger=stimulate=boost=inspire, v.
31. considerable=plenty=big=major=important adj.
32. regardless of=despite of=take no notice
33. assure=make sure=guarantee=ensure=insure=secure=make certain of, v.
34. suitable=appropriate=proper=adequate=matching adj.
Cambridge 6 TEST 1
1. exchange=apply something learned in one to others=change v.
2. expertise=skill n.
3. employ=analyze=study v.
4. investigation=analysis n.
5. narrow=focus on v.
6. reproduce=copy=replicate=repeat v.
7. funded support=finance n.
8. athlete=sportsmen and women n.
9. calculate=measure v.
10. event=championship n.
11. plan=prepare=design v.
12. improve=grow=get better v.
13. trade=economy n.
14. transport=import or export=deliver v.
15. local=domestic=native=indigenous adj.
16. weakening=less=reduced=decreased adj.
17. value=worth=price=credit=use=benefit=profit n.
18. delivery=export or import n.
19. nearby nations=geographic neighbours n.
20. international=ocean=global=worldwide adj.
21. shipping=freight n.
22. cargo=freight=goods n.
23. tariff=charge=fee=tax n.
24. landscape=environment=nature=surrounding=circumstance=view n.
25. difficult=harsh=demanding=tough=challenging adj.
26. essential supplies=food and clothing=necessities n.
27. supply=provision=support n.
28. grow=increase=rise=improve=go up=boost=expand=extend v.
29. respect=credibility=weight=hour=admiration=consideration n.
30. understanding=knowledge n.
31. well-being=health n.
32. impossible=out of the question=unlikely adj.
33. catch=exploit=capture v.
34. surrounding=environment=circumstance n.
35. push to one’s limits=test one’s limits
36. not unmanageable=can cope with
37. present inhabitant=descendant
38. give up=abandon
Cambridge 6 TEST 2
1. successfully=spectacularly well=wonderfully adv.
2. people power=local pressure groups n.
3. commute=travel v.
4. higher=increasing=more adj.
5. income=wealth=salary=wage=payment n.
6. beneficial=valuable=profitable=good adj.
7. together=face to face
8. refute=not mean=rebut=deny v.
9. accommodation=live=living condition n.
10. usage=use=benefit=profit n.
11. averagely good=reasonable but not special
12. limited=minimal adj.
13. move from one to another=adopt one over another
14. show=reveal=uncover=indicate=point out=imply
15. related=associated adj.
16. suffer=be afflicted ()v.
17. research=study=investigation=survey n.
18. affect=afflict=influence=change v.
19. disease=medical complain=illness n.
20. increase=surge=rise=gain=grow=go up=add=escalate v.
21. link=correlation=connection=relationship n.
22. considerable=significant=substantial=massive=marked adj.
23. reduction=drop=concession=fall=decrease n.
24. elderly people=old people n.
25. independent=self-reliant adj.
26. regular=daily adj.
27. exercise=physical activity n.
28. challenging=difficult=tough=demanding adj.
29. decline=deteriorate=reduce=drop=decrease v.
30. lonely=emotionally isolated adj.
31. hand signal=gesture=body language n.
32. restricted=limited adj.
33. concept=abstract idea=definition n.
34. specific=particular=detailed adj.
35. early=older adj.
36. fulfill=qualify=achieve=keep=satisfy v.
37. sufficient=enough adj.
38. quantity=how many=amount n.
39. misunderstanding=confusion n.
40. prevent=resolve=forbid=stop v.
41. poor=lack of=impoverished adj.
42. newer=later=recent=present adj.
43. ancestor=early people=predecessor n.
Cambridge 6 TEST 3
1. teach=educate=cultivate=nature v.
2. actor=star n.
3. first=initial=early=primary adj.
4. storyline=narrative=plot n.
5. globe=world n.
7. passing of time=flow of time
12. match to=suit to
13. reward=promotion or advancement=prize=benefit n.
14. link to=make something contingent on=associate with=connect with=relate to
15. achievement=attainment=gain=success n.
17. tend to=prone to
18. feel=perceive=think=find=experience=notice=have an opinion
19. participate=be involved in=take part in=join
22. clerical worker=clerk
23. judge=rate=criticize=assess=evaluate=gauge=appraise .
25. delay=slow=prolong=postpone=procrastinate=shelve=put off
26. growing old=ageing
29. chance= likelihood= fortune= hope= possibility =opportunity =risk=luck
32. focus on=emphasize=aim at=concentrate on
Cambridge 6 TEST 4
1. drug company=pharmaceutical company
3. increase=escalate=rise=go up=grow .
5. work=be an effective way=be useful=help=achieve=succeed=have an
6. technique=strategy=skill=expertise=method=way .
9. legitimate=have every right to do=legal=right=authorized
11. adults=men and women
19. be halved=decline by 50%
20. key=most important=crucial=critical=significant
23. on its own=alone
27. distinguish=recognize the difference=differentiate
Fanpage : IELTS Hien Nguyen
PHẦN 2 : 100 SYNONYMS ĐƯỢC SỬ DỤNG TRONG IELTS
1.important = crucial (extremely important), significant(amount or effects large enough to
2.common = universal, ubiquitous(if something is ubiquitous, it seems to be every where)
3.abundant = ample (enough and usually extra), plentiful (enough for people’s needs and
4.stick = adhere, cling (hold on something tightly)
5.neglect = ignore. (difference: neglect means someone has not paid enough attention to
something; ignore means no attention.)
6.near = adjacent (two things next to each other), adjoin(the same as adjacent)
7.pursue = woo (man woos woman, old-fashioned), seek (if you seek sth, you try to
obtain it. FORMAL)
8.accurate = precise (precise is exact and accurate in all details), exact (correct in every
9.vague = obscure (unknown or known by only a few people)
10.top = peak, summit
11.competitor = rival, opponent (especially in sports and politics)
12.blame = condemn (if you condemn something, you say it is very bad and
13.opinion = perspective, standpoint(means looking at an event or situation in a particular
14.fame = prestige (describe those who are admired), reputation
15.build = erect (you can erect something as buildings, FORMAL), establish
16.insult = humiliate (do something or say something which makes people feel ashamed
17.complain = grumble (complain something in a bad-tempered way)
18.primary = radical (very important and great in degree), fundamental
19.relieve = alleviate (alleviate means you make pain or sufferings less intense or severe)
20.force = coerce into (coerce means you make someone do something she/he does not
want to), compel
21.enlarge = magnify (magnify means make something larger than it really is)
22.complex = intricate (if something is intricate, it often has many small parts and details)
23. Lonely = solitary (if someone is solitary, there is no one near him/her)
24.small = minuscule (very small), minute,
25.praise = extol (stronger than praise), compliment(polite and political)
26.hard-working = assiduous (someone who is assiduous works hard or does things very
27.difficult = arduous (if something is arduous, it is difficult and tiring, and involves a lot
28.poor (soil) = barren, infertile (used to describe the soil is so poor that plants cannot be
planted on it)
29.fragile = brittle, vulnerable (someone who is vulnerable is easily hurt emotionally or
30.show = demonstrate (to demonstrate a fact means to make it clear to people.)
31.big = massive (large in size, quantity, or extent), colossal (use this word, you
emphasize something’s large), tremendous (informal)
32.avoid = shun (if someone shuns something, she/he deliberately avoid that something
or keep away from it.)
33.fair = impartial (someone who is impartial is able to give a fair opinion or decision on
34.attack = assault (physically attack someone), assail (attack violently)
35.dislike = abhor (abhor means you hate something to a extreme extent for moral
reasons), loathe (dislike very much)
36.ruin = devastate (it means damage something very badly, or utterly destroy it.)
37.always = invariably (the same as always, but better than always)
38.forever = perpetual (a perpetual state never changes), immutable (something
immutable will never change or be changed)
39.surprise = startle (it means surprise you slightly), astound (surprise you to a large
degree), astonish(the same as astound)
40.enthusiasm = zeal (a great enthusiasm), fervency (sincere and enthusiasm)
41.quiet = tranquil (calm and peaceful), serene (calm and quiet)
42.expensive = exorbitant (it means too expensive that it should be)
43.luxurious = lavish (impressive and very expensive), sumptuous (grand and very
44.boring = tedious (if you describe something tedious, you mean it is boring and
45.respect = esteem (if you esteem someone, you respect and admire him/her. FORMAL)
46.worry = fret (if you fret about something, you worry about it)
47.cold = chilly (unpleasantly cold), icy(extremely cold)
48.hot = boiling (very hot)
49.dangerous = perilous (very dangerous, hazardous) (dangerous, especially to people’s
safety and health)
50.only = unique (the only one of its kind), distinctive;
51.stop = cease (if something ceases, it stops happening or existing)
52.part = component (the components of something are the parts that it is made of)
53.result = consequence (the results or effects of something)
54.obvious = apparent, manifest
55.based on = derived from (can see or notice them very easily)
56.quite = fairly
57.pathetic = lamentable (very uncomfortable and disappointing)
58.field = domain (a particular field of thought, activities or interest)
59.appear = emerge (come into existence)
60.whole = entire (the whole of something)
61.wet = moist (slightly wet), damp (slightly wet), humid (very damp and hot)
62.wrong = erroneous (incorrect or partly correct)
63.difficult = formidable
64.change = convert (change into another form)
65.typical = quintessential (this word means represent a typical example of something)
66.careful = cautious (very careful in order to avoid danger), prudent(careful and
67.ability = capacity, capability (the same as ability)
68.strange = eccentric (if some one is eccentric, she/he behaves in a strange way, or
his/her opinion is different from most people)
69.rich= affluent (if you are affluent, you have a lot of money)
70.use = utilize (the same as use)
71.dubious = skeptical (if you are skeptical about something, you have doubts on it.)
72.satisfy = gratify (if you are gratified by something, it gives you pleasure and
73.short = fleeting, ephemeral (if something is ephemeral, it lasts a short time)
74.Scholarship = fellowship
75.smelly = malodorous (used to describe an unpleasant smell)
76.ugly = hideous (if something is hideous, it is very ugly or unattractive)
77.attractive = appealing (pleasing and attractive), absorbing (something absorbing can
attract you a great deal)
78.diverse = miscellaneous (a miscellaneous groups consists of many different kinds of
79.disorder = disarray, chaos
80.crazily = frantically (used to describe someone who behaves in a wild and
81.rapid = meteoric (ATTENTION: meteoric is only used to describe someone achieves
82.ordinary = mundane (very ordinary and not at interesting or unusual)
83.despite = notwithstanding (FORMAL)
84.best = optimal (used to describe the best level something can achieve)
85.sharp = acute (severe and intense)
86.unbelievable = inconceivable (if you deem something inconceivable, you think it very
unlike to happen )
87.puzzle = perplex (something perplex someone means it confuses and worries him/her
because he/she does not understand it)
88.method = avenue (a way of getting something done)
89.famous = distinguished (used to describe people who are successful in their career)
90.ancient = archaic (extremely old and extremely old-fashioned)
91.decorate = embellish (embellish means make something look more attractive via
decorating it with something else)
92.possible = feasible (if something is feasible, it can be done, made or achieved)
93.so = consequently, accordingly
94.rare = infrequent (doesn’t happen often)
95.greedy = rapacious (greedy and selfish)
96.individuals,characters, folks = people,persons
97.nowadays = currently
98.dreadful, unfavorable, poor, adverse, ill = be less impressive
99.reap huge fruits = get many benefits
100.for my part, from my own perspective = in my opinion
PHẦN 03: SYNONYMS TRONG SPEAKING
|fast||rapid, quick, swift|
|fat||chubby, plump, stout|
|quiet||silent, hushed, tranquil|
|sad||unhappy, dejected, gloomy|
|stop||quit, cease, terminate|
|strong||powerful, mighty, potent|
|win||triumph, succeed, prevail|
|combine||blend, unite, join|
|comical||amusing, funny, humorous|
|conflict||oppose, differ, clash|
|confuse||complicate, muddle, jumble|
|connect||join, link, attach|
|imperfect||marred, defective, faulty|
|keep||save, protect, guard|
|kind||considerate, tender, thoughtful|
|least||fewest, minimum, smallest|
|magnify||expand, enlarge, exaggerate|
|maximum||greatest, uppermost, highest|
|mediocre||fair, moderate, so-so|
|minor||lesser, inferior, secondary|
|mirth||merriment, fun, laughter|
|mourn||grieve, lament, bemoan|
|naughty||bad, disobedient, wrong|
|neat||clean, orderly, tidy|
|nervous||ruffled, flustered, perturbed|
|normal||ordinary, typical, usual|
|obey||mind, heed, comply|
|tender||delicate, gentle, affectionate|
|terrible||dreadful, horrible, vile|
|intelligent||bright, sensible, rational|
|atrocious||dreadful, contemptible, vile|
|authentic||genuine, real, factual|
|concrete||real, tangible, solid|
|exquisite||delightful, charming, lovely|
|extravagant||extreme, excessive, luxurious|
|hostile||antagonistic, aggressive, militant|
|migrant||drifting, traveling, transient|
|militant||combative, aggressive, warlike|
|momentous||important, powerful, outstanding|
|morose||gloomy, sullen, moody, glum|
|negligent||careless, derelict, inattentive|
|nonchalant||indifferent, lackadaisical, blase|
|oblivious||unconscious, preoccupied, dazed|
|obnoxious||offensive, abominable, repulsive|
|obstinate||stubborn, bullheaded, adamant|
|scrupulous||meticulous, ethical, fastidious|
|spontaneous||instinctive, automatic, natural|
|stationary||fixed, immobile, firm|
|stimulate||rouse, stir, motivate|
|subsequent||following, succeeding, latter|
|turbulent||tumultuous, blustering, violent|
|turmoil||commotion, disturbance, fracas|
|unbiased||impartial, unprejudiced, fair|
|valiant||courageous, brave, heroic|
|vicious||malicious, spiteful, ferocious|
|virtuous||moral, righteous, angelic|